Sweet potato toast! Sweet potato, and toast, ‘ya mad?! Little Peter Kay knock off for you there. It does sound mad, but it actually works and makes a great substitution to the beloved toast. Just like toast, these slices can be topped with what ever your heart may desire. Give them a try and see how many versions you can come up this. Thank you to Ross Montandon for sharing this recipe with us in our Clean Eating Facebook group. Very fancy toppings sir.
Makes 5 slices approx
1 large sweet potato
Whole grain mustard
Dollop of sour cream
100g of smoked salmon
Any choice of toppings your heart desires.
1. Slice the sweet potato lengthwise into ¼ inch thick slices.
2. Place the sweet potato slices in a toaster on high for about 5 minutes or until cooked through. You may need to toast multiple times depending on the length of your toaster settings.
3. Spread sweet potato with whole grain mustard.
4. Dollop on a heaped teaspoon of sour cream.
5. Tear smoked salmon slices apart and place on top of sour cream.
6. Squeeze on a little lemon juice, season and serve or top with desired topping and enjoy!
Sweet potato toast slices can be stored in an airtight glass container for up to 1 week.
Want to check out some more of the recipes our clean eaters have to share during their #8weekCEC visit our Clean Eating Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/438396419704128/