Need a little afternoon pick me up or pre workout boost? These date and nut energy balls will do the job just fine. Containing healthy fats, plenty of protein for your ‘gainz’ while giving you a shot of natural sugar from the dates – these balls will get you going again. Thank you to the lovely Kay Crewdson for sharing her balls with us in our Clean Eating Facebook Group. *Cheeky*
Makes 15-20 Balls
1 cup of medjool dates
3/4 of a cup of almonds
3/4 of a cup of walnuts or any other nut
2 tablespoons of chia seeds
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1 tablespoon of hemp protein powder
1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder
1. Start by placing the almonds, walnuts and chia seeds in your food processor.
2. Blend for 1 minute, until the flour forms and the nuts have crumbled.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, pitting the dates before adding those.
4. Blend for another minute until a stick dough forms.
5. Use your hands to roll the mixture into little balls.
6. Place in a bowl and store in the fridge.
Want to check out some more of the recipes our clean eaters have to share during their #8weekCEC visit our Clean Eating Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/438396419704128/